For sunbathe, we all know the formula sun + sunscreen. And if your dishes helped you to have a tanned skin? Rich in carotenoids, vitamin B6, Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids and selenium, certain foods stimulate the production of melanin, this biological pigment which acts on tanning.
Here’s what to eat intensify your tan naturally!
- Carrots : undisputed star for a pretty complexion, carrots contain a large amount of beta-carotene. A perfect partner for golden skin!
- Sweet potato : it is a good source of B vitamins! Sweet potato includes vitamin B6 which facilitates tanning. Its beta-carotene content further intensifies this effect.
- The red pepper: full of beta-carotene, this big red pepper is to include in your dishes if you plan to boost and prolong your tan.
- Broccoli : don’t be fooled by its color, this green vegetable is also full of beta-carotene.
- Tomatoes : full of carotenoids, tomatoes allow you to have an optimal tan.
- Spinach : like lettuce, lamb’s lettuce or arugula, spinach is an excellent supplier of carotenoids.
- Beet : Like carrots, beets are full of carotenoids, this element which stimulates tanning and which could even partially protect against sunburn!
- Cauliflower : rich in antioxidant vitamin C, cauliflower is your ally for a natural and unified tan!
- Onion: just like lemon and blueberries, onion contains antioxidant vitamin C which helps reduce the effects of sunburn!
- Celery, parsley and watercress: Adding flavors to your dishes, celery, parsley and watercress also allow you to prepare your skin well for tanning since they contain beta-carotene!
- The pumpkin : cooked, this type of cucurbit is not only tasty, but also contains a significant amount of beta carotene (2050 micrograms per 100 g) to accelerate your tan.
- Exotic fruits: mangoes, guavas, avocados, kiwis and papayas are full of carotenes!
- Nuts: sesame, almonds, walnuts or even hazelnuts contain vitamin E: an excellent tanning stimulator!
- The dried apricot : containing carotenoids, dried apricot stimulates the synthesis of melanin for an optimal tan.
- Peaches : just like the apricot, the peach is rich in beta-carotene.
- The cherries : cherries contain vitamin C and beta-carotene, elements that accelerate tanning.
- The pink grapefruit: known for its high concentration of beta-carotene, pink grapefruit is part of the dream team of tanning boosters.
- Melon and watermelon: already super refreshing, melon and watermelon are rich in carotenoids that allow the skin to better “manage” exposure to the sun.
- The strawberries : do you like the unique taste of strawberries? So much the better ! Full of vitamin C and antioxidants, strawberries help prevent skin aging.
- Lemon and blueberries: these fruits are loaded with antioxidant vitamin C. A refreshing lemon or blueberry juice by the sea, do you like it?
- Prunes: these dried fruits contain beta-carotene, vitamin C and E. A perfect blend of elements for a 100% natural tan!
- Oily fish: sardines, mackerel, tuna, herring or even salmon are rich in omega 3 and other vitamins such as vitamin A. Real tan boosters!
- The shrimp : this crustacean is loaded with selenium. It helps to stimulate tanning and protect your skin when exposed to the sun.
- Crab and mussels: cooked in water, crab and mussels are also rich in selenium!
- Butter : containing beta carotene, vitamin E, selenium and alpha-linolenic acid, butter helps preserve skin’s moisture.
- Dates : like butter, dates are rich in beta carotene. They also contain selenium. A true tanning ally!
- Edible oils: vegetable oils such as sunflower, walnut, corn and sesame are known for their moisturizing effect on the epidermis, which helps to even out the tan.
- Mushrooms and chickpeas: Rich in selenium, these tasty foods can indeed help you boost your tan!
- The egg yolk : we no longer present the benefits of egg yolk! Containing vitamin B6, omega-3 and 6, it helps to hydrate the skin and tan faster.
- Cottage cheese: thanks to calcium, white cheese boosts the production of melanin.
- The lenses: cooked, lentils contain selenium, the antioxidant mineral that helps protect against sunburn, facilitates tanning and slows skin aging.
We wish you a beautiful tan!