Some reimbursement rates of your health insurance do not suit you and you would like to know if it is possible to subscribe to two health insurances? The answer is yes ! We explain everything to you!
Nothing prevents you from subscribing to two mutuals to be better reimbursed, however two conditions must be met:
- Only one of your two mutuals can be attached to the Health Insurance.
- The total amount of the two reimbursements can never exceed the expenses you actually incurred.
Because we always understand better with an example
Your health costs are respectively covered by your two mutual insurance companies up to €500 and €300, i.e. €800.
For medical care worth €700, it is possible to contact your two mutual insurance companies for reimbursement of the remainder. On the other hand, the total amount of the two reimbursements cannot exceed the amount actually spent, i.e. €700.
What are the advantages of having two mutuals?
- Filling the gaps of each mutual : combining two mutuals means having different guarantees for each contract. Convenient to take full advantage of the solutions offered by the insurance market!
- Reduce excess fees : in the event of fee overruns, healthcare bills are easily high. By combining two mutuals, the amount of these overruns is naturally lighter.
- Benefit from a “specialized” mutual fund : depending on your needs, it is possible to take out specialized insurance! You benefit from a full guarantee for a specific type of care (in optics for example).
What are the disadvantages of having two mutuals?
- A deferred refund : after a first reimbursement of part of the expenses, you must send your second health insurance a document mentioning the amount of the reimbursements made, so that it takes charge of the part of the unreimbursed expenses.
- More cumbersome administrative procedures : the administrative procedures will be double so you will have to be very organized so as not to forget anything.
- Larger loads : having two mutuals also means paying two contributions. You must therefore calculate the interest of having two mutuals according to your health care needs.
And at HEYME, what does mutual insurance give?
At HEYME from €9.90/month we cover your essential needs: hospitalization, routine care, pharmacy. And if you need extended coverage, we offer 4 levels of guarantees to meet your expectations.
Regardless of the level chosen, you have unlimited access to medical teleconsultation 24 hours a day with ABI. You can consult a doctor from your smartphone and directly from your sofa!
We also provide you with an app to view your reimbursements, download your third-party payment card, send us your documents and find a doctor near you!
And the icing on the cake… an app with good deals and discounts on your favorite brands: shopping, cinema, restaurant…
👉 HEYME student mutual