It is well known that the practice of a sports activity is beneficial for health.
Playing sports allows you to maintain your physique, improve your cardio and breathing while strengthening your immune system. But beware, by practicing a sports activity excessively or poorly supervised, certain health problems may arise.
Here are some tips to limit the risks!
Find the sport that’s right for you
Before starting a sporting activity, you must target the sport that suits you best and in which you can fully invest yourself.
If you have trouble making a choice, you can ask yourself these few useful questions:
- “Do I feel ready enough to dedicate myself to a sporting activity?”
- “If so, am I more of an individual sport or a team sport?”
- “For physical exercise, will I be more comfortable outdoors or indoors?”
The answers will allow you to validate your future sports practice. And if you still feel undecided, you can consider practicing several sports activities in a complementary way.
Amateurs or confirmed athletes, every year 1,000 to 1,500 people are victims of a sudden cardiac arrestplaying sports.
It is therefore advisable to warm up for a long time before starting any physical activity, especially high-intensity ones. Warming up helps to avoid the risk of injury, by preparing the body for future efforts.
It is also recommended to hydrate regularly throughout the duration of sports practice, every 30 minutes, more precisely
Practicing a physical activity in overwhelming heat or in a place that is too polluted is totally inadvisable.
Consult a health professional
With the efforts that your body will have to provide, it is better to consult a sports doctor, especially in the recovery phase after a long period of cessation.
Following the recommendations of a health professional helps to avoid cardiovascular accidents, for example.
Doctors can also guide you in the practice of natural sport, give you practical dietary advice, food supplementsnatural doping or traumatology and injury prevention.
You can also have access to information on sports first aid methods to adopt in case of illness or extreme emergency.
The follow-up of a sports doctor will allow you to practice your sports activity serenely.
Preventing and relieving pain related to the practice of physical exercises without analgesics or anti-inflammatories is possible thanks to Natural Healing.
Among the alternative medicines that can relieve pain are:
- acupuncture : through the use of fine needles, this therapy relieves joint pain, bursitis, tendonitis, etc.
- Homeopathy : allows management of muscle pain (Arnica Montana, Ruta Graveolens, etc.)
- aromatherapy : extremely concentrated in active ingredients, essential oils relieve sore muscles and treat blisters and painful sprains.
- Phytotherapy : these herbal treatments (wintergreen, turmeric, etc.) help relieve joint and muscle pain.
It is with this in mind that the network Medoucine was created in 2016. This platform brings together several therapists and is committed to providing the general public with the benefit of various alternative medicines, in complete safety and following a code of ethics.
Boost your health with the HEYME Wellness Pack
Thanks to Wellness package, HEYME gives you an extra boost to take care of yourself physically and mentally by reimbursing you €150 of packages for only €4.50/month.
A key player in health and well-being among young people, HEYME reimburses your sporting activity up to a maximum of €30/year for membership of:
- A sports club
- A sports association
- A gym
- A sporting event
Alternative medicine package
Because the health and well-being of young people are among its priorities, HEYME offers you an alternative medicine package for consultations in osteopathy, sophrology, acupuncture, kinesiology, therapeutic hypnosis, chiropractic, etiopathy or a psychological consultation package for €40/year, limited to 2 consultations of €20/year each.
Health and well-being prevention package
Aware that the daily life of young people goes far beyond consultations and medical appointments, HEYME offers you the health and well-being prevention package up to €80/year. This package includes:
- The smoking cessation aid package: nicotine substitute, patch, gum, lozenge up to €30/year;
- The body care package: massage oil, clay, tape, strapping… up to €20/year;
- The dietary and nutritional package, innovative coaching with OVIVA: 1 teleconsultation and 2 weeks of ultra-personalized follow-up up to €30/year.
👉 HEYME wellness package